Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Of great times and great people

Here's Jerry and Carla, friends who visited us from York, PA. Jerry is a talented woodworker and built Ellen and I a bench made from a mix of recycled lumber and wrought iron from Adams County, that's where Gettysburg is located. Ellen met them when she was working in York in the 90s. Several years ago, we visited the area so she could renew her ties and get caught up. I was along for the ride and tabbed as designated driver for the festivities. As it turned out, I felt totally at home with Carla, Jerry and the other fine people she knew there. So much so, that Ellen had to be the designated driver because I fell right into place with her friends. I don't know if she's ever forgiven me for taking over her reunion celebration. Oh, well....Carla and Jerry visited and left too soon, leaving us all wishing we lived closer to one another.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

and guess who started making home made ice-cream when we got back to PA? It's all your doing! Thanks again for having us. We thoroughly enjoyed the trip and were happy to deliver the back seat "passenger" safely.