The dry creek will also display a few boulders before it's finished. One of the things we liked about this idea is that over time, Ellen and I can pick up stones here and there and place them in the creek bed as a remembrance of where we've been, or occasions of note. Feel free to haul a stone and place it too. It will remind us of you, and carries the idea I had for the first home I bought in Peoria. There, I asked close friends what their favorite tree was, and planted one. That's kind of limiting, since there's only so much ground to hold a tree and I had a wee lot. Now, everyone who so desires can deposit a rock wherever they want to put it. I'd only ask for no trick placements, meaning don't try to ricochet it off the house into the creek. Save your bank shots for the decrepit pool table in our basement, that Ellen has had me haul from place to place. The indignity of it all. My cousin, Brad, (yes, I'm calling you out), was kind enough to replace the felt, but he did it with bright red material and THEN put a St. Louis Cardinals logo smack in the center. This was originally my Dad's pool table, a die hard Cub fan, so not only have I had to pay to move it four times, I have to look at that desecration too. My only satisfaction is that it is falling apart, much like the Cardinals' playoff prospects for the next decade.
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
A crick runs through it
The dry creek will also display a few boulders before it's finished. One of the things we liked about this idea is that over time, Ellen and I can pick up stones here and there and place them in the creek bed as a remembrance of where we've been, or occasions of note. Feel free to haul a stone and place it too. It will remind us of you, and carries the idea I had for the first home I bought in Peoria. There, I asked close friends what their favorite tree was, and planted one. That's kind of limiting, since there's only so much ground to hold a tree and I had a wee lot. Now, everyone who so desires can deposit a rock wherever they want to put it. I'd only ask for no trick placements, meaning don't try to ricochet it off the house into the creek. Save your bank shots for the decrepit pool table in our basement, that Ellen has had me haul from place to place. The indignity of it all. My cousin, Brad, (yes, I'm calling you out), was kind enough to replace the felt, but he did it with bright red material and THEN put a St. Louis Cardinals logo smack in the center. This was originally my Dad's pool table, a die hard Cub fan, so not only have I had to pay to move it four times, I have to look at that desecration too. My only satisfaction is that it is falling apart, much like the Cardinals' playoff prospects for the next decade.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment