Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Pants on fire

This does look like my brother-in-law, Kurt, managed to light his pants on fire during our 4th of July celebration, but I assure you, no such luck. Considering the abuse I've taken since joining this family, how sweet it would have been to have that to hang over his head...forever. Sigh. The young lad next to him is Anthony, the son of Andy and Lilly who visited us for the 4th. They have a great family, with Joe and Dominic as well. Andy showed up at our door with 4lbs of maple smoked bacon and 7 dozen eggs. Talk about knowing how to ingratiate yourself with your host! I was at his service for the weekend.I made short work of the bacon, even at the expense of the kids. They slept in the second day, but so sorry, the bacon was gone. I explained that it was a life lesson. You can't bring home the bacon if you're asleep. For that, you only get cereal. Does this now make me an official curmudgeon, depriving children of food? Ellen firmly believes so.

No comments: