Anyone heard of or had experience with a product called Color-Helper? Please post your comments or advice. If don't want to hassle with all the logins to get that done, I think you can post anonymously or just send us an e-mail. I saw the product on DIY this weekend. Supposedly it houses a specialized digital camera that lets you take a picture of the color in question and then you can choose from a list of paint colors that either tastefully matches or contrasts with that color. It draws from a database of 13,000 paint colors from several manufacturers to arrive at its recommendations. It's not that I fear our taste is so poor that we need a gadget to tell us what to do (although I'm not willing to bet on that), but I remember the one time I visited a Sherwin-Williams paint store and was totally overwhelmed with the color options available. In an earlier post, I mentioned that we would have no white walls except maybe as an accent. The drywall will be up by Christmas, so the reality of actually picking colors is rapidly nearing. My knees are starting to buckle already. I suppose I could just drop it on Ellen and complain later, but you know I'd never get away with that! Looking for your advice!!
Monday, December 1, 2008
Color-Helper?
Anyone heard of or had experience with a product called Color-Helper? Please post your comments or advice. If don't want to hassle with all the logins to get that done, I think you can post anonymously or just send us an e-mail. I saw the product on DIY this weekend. Supposedly it houses a specialized digital camera that lets you take a picture of the color in question and then you can choose from a list of paint colors that either tastefully matches or contrasts with that color. It draws from a database of 13,000 paint colors from several manufacturers to arrive at its recommendations. It's not that I fear our taste is so poor that we need a gadget to tell us what to do (although I'm not willing to bet on that), but I remember the one time I visited a Sherwin-Williams paint store and was totally overwhelmed with the color options available. In an earlier post, I mentioned that we would have no white walls except maybe as an accent. The drywall will be up by Christmas, so the reality of actually picking colors is rapidly nearing. My knees are starting to buckle already. I suppose I could just drop it on Ellen and complain later, but you know I'd never get away with that! Looking for your advice!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment