
Here is Ellen's first shot at decorating the fireplace. She is not satisfied with it, so there will be changes coming soon for sure. We've started to hang a few pieces of art, but the open floor plan doesn't yield a lot of wall space. I do chuckle at myself though. Everywhere else I've lived, hanging pictures was a seat of the pants, eyeball kind of thing. If it turned out crooked, aw, straighten it yourself and get off my back. Here though, everything I've hung has been the result of careful measurement and if necessary, the use of a level. For example, the portrait of the Indian you can just make out at the end of the hall was measured to fit exactly center of the ceiling light under which it hangs. Probably took me 15 or 20 minutes before I was satisfied with just that one hanging.
No comments:
Post a Comment