Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Dining area

Many posts ago, I described our purchase of a draw table and sideboard at a local antique shop.
The sideboard was huge and I refused to purchase it on the spot until I had a chance to measure the wall Ellen intended to place it against. I really thought that would save me some money and avoid the purchase, because I knew it was too long. I made two tactical error. I measured the space (there was only a subfloor at the time) in the presence of both our builder and Ellen. Oops too short of a wall, I said, but Jim piped up that's not a problem, we'll just change the plans to extend the wall by relocating the door. The second mistake was not to have an excuse #2. I had nowhere to go except produce the checkbook. Changing the length of this wall also caused the closet in the guest bedroom to be relocated. So when you visit us and put your clothes in the closet, know that they hang where they do because of this piece of furniture. This is the opposite situation that I described in my earlier post. Things we acquired over the years fit perfectly. Items we purchased for the house necessitated a change in the plans. Go figure. Still, it's a nice piece and I don't regret my failure to mount a more effective defense of our funds.

1 comment:

Tris said...

Everything looks soooooooo beautiful! I can't wait to be able to see it all in person!!!!

**Scott got a letter on the submarine the other day from a power plant that was 100 miles west of St. Louis.....it's definitely becoming more appealing knowing you guys are there....only 5 more years to decide! LOL!!