Monday, March 23, 2009
Wild Blue....up yonder
Major disappointment today. The phone company doesn't offer DSL service to our neighborhood yet. Knew that. The cable company doesn't offer its service either. Knew that too. I was counting on the local ISP who has Wi-Fi built out in the area. I had checked when we bought the place. No problem. I checked midway through this project. No problem. I called today to order service, and uh-oh, there's a problem. In the interim, they had filled up the side of the tower that points in our direction. No can do. We're stuck with satellite internet from Directv, otherwise known as Wild Blue. You know you're hosed when the salesperson for Wild Blue says, "I'm sorry" when informed that they are your only remaining option. High speed internet is a job requirement, period. Dell doesn't have rainouts, like baseball, so being weather dependent isn't an option or excuse. Oh well, we'll see how it goes. I'll adapt to whatever the business requires, even if that means I get to know the folks at the local Panera's really well. I suppose it could be worse. I really only use my home internet when I wake up at 5 and in the evenings. When I'm in the city on calls, I'll either stop at a Panera's or use the mobile broadband Dell has provided anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment