
The window wall in Ellen's bedroom is nearly installed. It'll be a nice view in two directions. The one you glimpse of the woods in this pic, and the french doors to the left (not in the shot) will look out onto the deck.

The great room windows and doors are fully installed now. While it looks a little dark in this shot, there's actually plenty of light in this room, so I have to say the window scheme was designed right. The little sliver of light above the doors will ultimately reveal a half circle window, rather than the New Moon look it's sporting now. One of the carpenters said that with all the windows and doors in place, all they'll need is to plug in a small space heater and it'll be very comfortable to work inside through the winter. I have to admit, it feels real cozy in there even now, underscoring the need to size the HVAC properly.

They've begun the shingling process. You know what it's like when you can't get a tune out of your head? I've spent the whole day listening to "shingle bells, shingle bells, shingle all the way." Driving myself crazy with it. There's so much activity out there right now. The electrician was finishing his wiring of the garage. The cement guys poured the basement slab today. The plumbers were finishing up their piping. The roofers are busy. The carpenters are finishing the doors and windows as well as starting to frame out the fireplace and the more custom work for our built-ins. Ellen delivered Mom's window to the site today, so I'm looking forward to seeing it installed within the next few days. There's so much going on and that will continue for some time. I think I'll break up future daily posts into topics, instead of one big one summarizing the whole day. That way too, you can look at just the stuff that interests you, instead of being forced to rummage through lengthy explanations of stuff that doesn't.
No comments:
Post a Comment