Thursday, September 18, 2008

Running against the Wind

I was in Dallas yesterday to meet with a customer. The Account Executive, Ben, his manager and I were sitting in a hotel lobby preparing ourselves for the meeting and watching the stock market free fall yet again. Ben's manager was bemoaning the financial collapse and current economic times. I totally agreed that we're getting to a really dangerous point and said that in the past, I hunkered down during times like this, waiting for things to blow over, but not this time. We're meeting these cold economic winds head on by extending ourselves and building this house. It may be blowing so hard that my hair (what's left of it) is standing straight back and my cheeks are pushed against my ears from g forces like a pilot experiences, but we are moving forward. The only thing anyone can truly control or depend upon in this life is their own faith. It is arrogance to believe otherwise, in my opinion. We cannot know how much harder things may become, or what the future may hold. We have Faith.

No comments: