

Ellen is really excited that they've begun to lay the flooring. The top photo is of the bloodwood that will go into my office, and the second is the flooring that the rest of the home will have. We'll carpet your guest bedroom, my bedroom and the loft. The bloodwood presented a problem in that it's a very hard wood, so the nails that are typically used weren't effective. Many bent or at times caused the tongues to split. They laid just a few courses before deciding the better part of valor was to pause and rethink the issue. According to the supplier, they need to use a different nail. Leave it to me to make things more complicated than they need to be, but I really like the deep red color. It's one of the very few things in the house that I was determined to use in some way from the very beginning. Puzzling isn't it, that a die hard Cub fan would choose a material also known as Cardinal wood, but there you have it, I'm a man of mystery.
No comments:
Post a Comment